Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4K Summary Post-- March Posts

For some reason, I posted a summary of my C4K#4 (due March 9) in the February C4K Summary Post.  I think it's because the blog post I commented on was from February. Follow the link above to see my summary post of Mr. Salsich's 3rd Grade Class Blog.


C4K#5 Lazers by Jude
green and red laser light show


Jude is a 4th grade student in New Castle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom. In this post, he relates the story of a trip his family took to see some sort of art exhibit that featured a laser-light show.  After encountering traffic and extreme cold, Jude and his father finally took some pictures of the event before going home.  I will be honest. I have a hard time commenting on the younger student's blogs since I am a Secondary Education major and feel more comfortable with the older students.  I don't want to demoralize a small child, and I also don't know what is deemed "good work" coming from a fourth grader.  I noticed numerous misspellings and grammatical errors, but I don't know if that is what I should expect from a fourth grader. I simply tried to be encouraging as I could with my reply. I did not ignore his oversights, but I still feel reluctant pointing out the deficiencies with the post.  I tried to prod him to be a more descriptive writer by asking him what sort of colors he experienced.  I haven't received a reply, but hopefully he read the comment and was encouraged!
Hello, Jude!
My name is Jessica, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. It sounds like you had quite an adventure trying to see the art exhibition! I’m glad that after suffering through the traffic and cold you and your Dad were able to take some pictures of the lasers. What did the show look like? Was it colorful? This was a good post! Just remember to always proofread your posts for spelling and punctuation errors. It seems like you are on your way to being a great descriptive writer! Thanks again for sharing your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment